Thursday, May 7, 2009

Peace and War

So I found some really cool Bible verses, and I thought I'd share. :)

Exodus 14:14: "The Lord will fight for you, only you have to be still".

1 Samuel 2:9: "It is not by strength that one prevails".

1 Samuel 17:47: "It is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves".

Psalm 20:7: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God".

Psalm 46:8: "He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth".

Ecclesiastes 9:18: "Wisdom is better than weapons of war".

Hosea 11:9: "I am God not man, I will not come in wrath".

Matthew 5:43: "Love your enemies; pray for prosecutors".

Luke 6:27: "Love your enemies; bless those who persecute you".

Romans 12:17: "Return no one evil for evil...live at peace with everyone".

2 Timothy 2:24: "The servant of the Lord must be gentle to all".

5 comments:

  1. Awesome verses! I really like this one from the Psalms.

    Psalm 20:7: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God".

    It reminds me of ... "Some kings love horses, and some kings love cattle. Some kings love leading their troops into battle. But me I'm not like that. I find that stuff yucky. I'd much rather sit in my tub with my ducky."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really like that one, too. :)

    Lol. I've never heard that before. I like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o You've never heard that before? :o

    Get thee hence and watch "King George and the Ducky"!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, after I wrote that, I had realized where it was from, lol.

    Don't worry, Leo. I've seen it. :D

    ReplyDelete